Grays Papaya

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sorry its been a while, yet again.

So, now I watch Grey's Anatomy ... thanks a lot Rebecca....

No, I do find the show interesting. And sort of depressing....

The depressing?
I know residency won't be as sexy as they make it out to be. And all of us will look like crap. But, its nice to be momentarily disillusioned to think that my attending will be as beautiful looking as Patrick Dempsey and Isaiah Washington, and I will be as attractive as Ellen Pompeo or Katherine Heigl.

Oh... don't take this the wrong way, I think it's cool... BUT it is interesting to note that the Asian woman ALWAYS end up with the black man in medical dramas of this genre....

So yeah, that's my one and a half hours of TV. This and Scrubs. I think I need to branch out a little from the little hole of medicine I've dug myself into...

I also watched Closer, which I enjoyed. But man, that combined with this episode of Grey's Anatomy - I think I'm all sexed out for one weekend.

5 Comments:

  • asian woman + black guy....i'm all for it, but that's not really news now, is it? {identity crisis} us minorities gotta hang together if we're gonna stick it to the man {/identity crisis} (daggum blogger thought i was trying to write real html tags, haha)

    oh wait, do i have to be a doctor for it to work ? and do i have to be entirely black? these are important questions, the answers to which are crucial, heh.

    By Blogger Jason, at 11:29 AM  

  • I can't say I'm well versed in my TV shows, so I'm not sure about the doctor thing... I think you have to be entirely black. But, that would be a question for that special asian woman in your life.... she might know more about the first question too.

    I bet you do have to be a doctor. ALL asian women have to get together with a doctor. Its in the genes...

    By Blogger Marcia, at 10:38 PM  

  • hahahaha

    By Blogger Jason, at 8:50 PM  

  • Can you hook me up with a doctor? I would like a Jew, please.

    By Blogger madalyn, at 12:04 AM  

  • Sorry, I don't know any Jewish doctors. Actually, I do, but he's 60 and married. There is only one Jewish woman in my class, and I think she is already taken (correct me if I'm wrong!). But, I'll be on the lookout as I move along :)

    By Blogger Marcia, at 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home