Its really hard... I miss thinking. My brain power has all been appropriated to memorizing lists and lists of things.
This weekend was a blast. I feel like I didn't study much at all. Friday night, some (now) friends invited me out for dinner, and one of them sucked us into playing darts - which was a lot more fun that I thought it would be. I wonder how many times you have to hang out with people to have them be considered friends. I definitely feel still at the acquaintance level. Saturday night there was a potluck at someone's house, which was so much fun! It was great to get to know people better, just chill, great conversation. The food was fabulous. I got to meet one vet student. And, I found out they have a doctoring class too. What would you study for that? Pet feelings? Ask your dog "How do you feel?"
Alex also came up, which is always wonderful, I don't feel like we did much, but I guess that's how it is. He napped, I studied. We watched the Red Sox game. And they won! Ortiz hit a home run in the 12th inning! It was oober-fabulous!
Today I dissected the urethra, tracing it from the penis all the way to the bladder. I felt pretty accomplished. On Friday we hemisected our cadaver - you probably won't want to know what that means. It feels strange to be treating something that gave him and his wife the greatest pleasure like any hunk of meat. And it's strange to know that we know and see it much more intimately than he or his wife ever did. That goes from every part of his body, but especially his sexual organ.
Tomorrow we are doing the face. Not sure how to take that. I wonder what he will look like, and I'm afraid he will start showing up in my dreams. You can't show up in dreams until you see a face. Strange how that is. Will his nose be high or flat? Lips thin or thick? What color are his eyes? his hair? What kind of facial structure does he have? What is his race?
On a brighter note, I think I have found a church -- University Covenant Church, I visited, I liked it, and I don't like church shopping. Another one of my classmates is also going to go there, which will be way cool, and its very seeker friendly.
This weekend was a blast. I feel like I didn't study much at all. Friday night, some (now) friends invited me out for dinner, and one of them sucked us into playing darts - which was a lot more fun that I thought it would be. I wonder how many times you have to hang out with people to have them be considered friends. I definitely feel still at the acquaintance level. Saturday night there was a potluck at someone's house, which was so much fun! It was great to get to know people better, just chill, great conversation. The food was fabulous. I got to meet one vet student. And, I found out they have a doctoring class too. What would you study for that? Pet feelings? Ask your dog "How do you feel?"
Alex also came up, which is always wonderful, I don't feel like we did much, but I guess that's how it is. He napped, I studied. We watched the Red Sox game. And they won! Ortiz hit a home run in the 12th inning! It was oober-fabulous!
Today I dissected the urethra, tracing it from the penis all the way to the bladder. I felt pretty accomplished. On Friday we hemisected our cadaver - you probably won't want to know what that means. It feels strange to be treating something that gave him and his wife the greatest pleasure like any hunk of meat. And it's strange to know that we know and see it much more intimately than he or his wife ever did. That goes from every part of his body, but especially his sexual organ.
Tomorrow we are doing the face. Not sure how to take that. I wonder what he will look like, and I'm afraid he will start showing up in my dreams. You can't show up in dreams until you see a face. Strange how that is. Will his nose be high or flat? Lips thin or thick? What color are his eyes? his hair? What kind of facial structure does he have? What is his race?
On a brighter note, I think I have found a church -- University Covenant Church, I visited, I liked it, and I don't like church shopping. Another one of my classmates is also going to go there, which will be way cool, and its very seeker friendly.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home