My most recent patient told me that he had never done any drugs, except for a little mj in his younger years. I asked several times. The next day, we told him we had found cocaine in his urine toxicity screen which completely explained his illness. He was actually quite funny about it.
After the resident left, he told me, "Sorry for lying to you."
The next morning I see him, and I tell him his creatinine kinase went up again. I must have had a funny look on my face, cuz he exclaimed, "I didn't sneak any, I swear! You can look through all my stuff!" And again... "Sorry I lied to you."
When I told him we'd probably have to keep him in the hospital over the weekend, and that I wouldn't see him tomorrow because I get my one day a week off he said, "Well, I hope it rains on your day off."
I told him I would be indoors studying, so it wouldn't matter if it rained or not.
He said "Then I hope the power goes out."
After the resident left, he told me, "Sorry for lying to you."
The next morning I see him, and I tell him his creatinine kinase went up again. I must have had a funny look on my face, cuz he exclaimed, "I didn't sneak any, I swear! You can look through all my stuff!" And again... "Sorry I lied to you."
When I told him we'd probably have to keep him in the hospital over the weekend, and that I wouldn't see him tomorrow because I get my one day a week off he said, "Well, I hope it rains on your day off."
I told him I would be indoors studying, so it wouldn't matter if it rained or not.
He said "Then I hope the power goes out."

5 Comments:
wow...your patient is a jacker. BTW, I love the title. For some reason I always ended up at grays papaya when I got wasted with friends in nyc and wanted late night grub. I always think of Tom & Meg there in You've Got Mail. =D
By
Bender, at 12:05 AM
Rabbit!! This is actually one of your old patients! :D
By
Marcia, at 10:06 PM
hmm. good patient rapport, i see ;-)
the man sounds like a blast. you should tell him that if he can get himself admitted by the surgery service, we'll just prescribe him beer.
By
hibiscusfire, at 11:42 PM
I think it was that rectal....
but no, i sort of misrepresent him just cuz it's funny, he's actually really nice. but not very pleased when i told him he'd have to stay in the hospital over the weekend.
By
Marcia, at 6:35 PM
I wonder what is going on in the life of marcia?...
By
Bender, at 11:31 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home